Friends of the Pikes Peak Library District - Volunteer
The Friends of the Pikes Peak Library District welcomes new volunteers to help with our activities:
- Participate in special Friends of PPLD Events
- Advocate for state and local library funding
- Serve on the Friends board or committees to help plan Friends activities
- Volunteer at one of the Library Friends locations
- Participate in the Friends of PPLD Book Sales
- Sort donated books
- Staff Bookstores at East Library, Library 21c, and Penrose Library
- Sell books, accept book donations, price and shelf magazines, answer customer questions and provide directions, clean and shelve "better" books, and encourage membership in Friends of PPLD.
No particular skills are required other than a love of books and a willingness to assist in a worthy cause.
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at (719) 531-6333 x1008 for more information.
Friends Book Store Clerks
Help out at the newly remodeled Friends Book Stores at Penrose, Library 21c, and East Libraries. Volunteers staff the book store, display books, process cash register sales, accept book donations, give out Friends memberships and help customers.
Friends Ongoing Book Sale
- Accept book donations
- Sort books and media donations
- Select items of interest to branch patrons
- Keep area organized and appealing