PPLD.org, The Catalog, and wireless may also be unavailable as we run server updates.
Limiting Search Results
Limits are organized into facets (like Author, Material Type, Language, Subject, etc.). You can use limits in one of the following ways:
- Click on a limit. By clicking a single limit, you will narrow your search results to meet that limit.
For example, if you click on "Books," your search results will only include items that are books.
- Select a limit or multiple limits to include in or exclude from your search results. You can select
one or multiple limits within a single field by clicking the check box next to the limit(s) 1.
If you want to include limits in your search results, click the Include button. For example, if you select to include Books and DVDs, your search results will only include books or DVDs.
If you want to exclude limits from your search results, click the Exclude button. For example, if you select to exclude Books and DVDs, your search results will include everything but books and DVDs.
Use the More and Fewer options 2 to expose or hide limits within a field incrementally. You can also use the Expand All or Collapse All options 3 to either show all limits in a field, or go back to only showing the first five.
Using the Publication Date Limit Options
The Publication Date limit has two views: Graph, and Date. You can toggle between the two 4. The Date view works just like any other limit. The Graph view, however, has some other options:
- Use the sliders to create a date range (for example, 1971-1990). Then select whether you want to include or exclude that date range in your search results.
- Enter a date range in the text box (for example, "1971" - "1990"). If you want the date range to have no end (up to the current time), leave the second text box blank (for example, "1971" - ). Likewise, if you want the date range to go back as far as it can go, leave the first text box blank (for example, - "1971"). Select whether you want to include or exclude that date range in your search results.
Any limits you have applied will appear in the "Narrowed by" section. Limits you have included in search results will have a plus (+) sign; limits you have excluded will have a minus (–) sign.
Click the Delete button 5 to remove an individual limit, or remove all limits by clicking the Clear all button 6.
Using Advanced Search
If you want more search options to help you find exactly what you're looking for, click the Advanced Search option to go to the Advanced Search page:
With Advanced Searching, you can search exact phrases 1 or exclude terms from your search 2. For example, if you wanted to do a search on potters but did not want results for "Harry Potter," you could search the term "potter" and enter "Harry" in the unwanted terms box.
You can also apply any combination of limits on your search with Additional limits 3, including language, library location, and title/author/subject fields.
Once you have set up your search with the terms and limits you want, click the Advanced Search 4 button to get your search results.
- All About the New Catalog
- Finding Your Way Around
- New Catalog Home Page
- Searching for Items
- Working w/ Search Results
- Limiting Search Results
- Viewing Item Details
- Placing Holds
- Can't Find It?
- Using My Account
- PIN Information
- Saving Card Number/PIN
- Using My Lists
- Using Select an Action
- Using ADA Mode
- Text Messaging
How Do I?
Social Media Links
Cheyenne Mountain Library
High Prairie Library
Manitou Springs Library
Old Colo. City Council (OC3)
Old Colo. City Library
Page One Writer's Group
Penrose Library Teens
PPLD NOT eNOUGH
Teens at Briargate (TAB)
Ute Pass Library