Makerspace Use Policy
Guidelines for Use
- Makers must be valid PPLD cardholders to use the 3D printers, CNC machine, laser cutter, or any other activity that requires a fee.
- Tools and equipment are available to makers on a first come, first served basis.
- Tools used in the space must be returned by the maker to their original location in a clean state. The workspace also needs to be cleaned before the maker leaves.
- PPLD is only able to provide free consumable materials on a limited basis. The maker agrees to avoid wasting supplies and materials.
- PPLD does not accept responsibility if a project is destroyed, does not print correctly, or does not work.
- PPLD reserves the right to halt, delete, or disallow the creation of items that violate PPLD policy, including the creation of weapons, pornography, or illegal items.
- Only library computers may be connected to library machines, like the 3D printers, CNC machine, laser cutter, etc.
- Projects must be approved by staff prior to use of 3D printers, laser cutter, and CNC machine. Machinery will be run by staff.
- Covered drinks are welcome in Make and Make II. Food is not permitted.
- PPLD’s Code of Conduct and Internet Use Policy apply to Make and Make II.
Costs for Use
- Use of Make and Make II is generally free. Use of some equipment and materials, however, may be subject to a fee.
- The maker agrees that PPLD is not responsible for any manufacturing defects or the quality or workmanship of any of the tools, materials or equipment supplied by PPLD, or
for the quality or condition of a user’s project.
- The maker agrees to take precautions to avoid causing unnecessary mess or damage in Make and Make II.
- The maker is welcome to bring in his/her own materials for use with the laser cutter and CNC machine, except that staff must approve all user-supplied materials before they are
used on equipment, to reduce risk of damage to equipment or harm to users within Make or Make II. PPLD staff reserve the right to disapprove certain materials, tools, etc., in their discretion.
- PPLD supplies materials for the 3D printers.
- The maker (or, if a minor, his parent or guardian) is responsible to pay any PPLD charges or fees for use of equipment, material and supplies provided by PPLD, and for all loss or damage to PPLD property or clean-up expense. PPLD is not responsible for any damage to, or loss or theft of, the maker’s property. See PPLD’s policy on patron property left on PPLD premises.
- PPLD may require payment of charges/fees at the time of use or later, and may charge the maker’s PPLD account (or, if a minor, the parent/guardian’s PPLD account) or seek payment by other means, in its discretion.
Maker Computer Use
- A computer station can be reserved a week in advance for two hours. Users may have one reservation per day. If no one else is waiting to use the station, time may be extended.
- Walk-in reservations are welcome, but prior reservations have priority. Some machines will be unavailable during programs.
- After patrons log off the computer, the memory will be cleared. Please be sure to save your work externally.
- If users have a reservation to use a certain machine, staff will make an effort to contact the patron before he/she comes into Library 21c if the machine is out of order. This courtesy cannot be guaranteed.
- PPLD is not responsible for equipment or files left behind.
- Access to Materials
- Challenged Materials
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development
- Community Arts/Displays
- East Teen Center
- Facilities Naming Policy
- Gifts and Donations
- Inclement Weather
- Internet Use
- Laptop Loan Policy
- Legal Reference Service
- Library Cards
- Lost and Found
- Makerspace Safety Guidelines
- Makerspace Use Policy
- Meeting Rooms
- Memorials Policy
- Requesting Information
- Safe Child Guidelines
- Solicitation Policy
- Tool Donation Guidelines
- Websites/Social Media
- Wireless Access
How Do I?
Social Media Links
21st Century Library
Adult Literacy / ESL
Cheyenne Mountain Library
Friends of Manitou Library
High Prairie Library
Library 21c Teens
Manitou Springs Library
Old Colo. City Library
Old Colo. City Teens
Page One Writer's Group
Penrose Library Teens
Ruth Holley Library
Sand Creek Library
Teens at Manitou
Ute Pass Library