East Library - map it!
Fountain Library - map it!
High Prairie Library - map it!
Library 21c - map it!
Monument Library - map it!
Penrose Library - map it!
Rockrimmon Library - map it!
Ruth Holley Library - map it!
Sand Creek Library - map it!
Tim Gill Center - map it!
General Room Policy
The general room policy applies to all meeting rooms and study rooms in the Pikes Peak Library District.
- Reservations are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When possible, meeting rooms should be booked two weeks in advance and study rooms 24 hours in advance of use.
- No Personal events: Library rooms may not be reserved by the public for events such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, memorial services, reunions, etc.
- No Disruptive or destructive groups: The Library reserves the right to deny the use of meeting rooms if at any time the conduct of the group or any member of the group is disruptive to Library service, destructive to the building or equipment, or if information is falsified on the meeting room reservation form. If a meeting or event in progress disturbs regular Library operations, the Library reserves the right to immediately terminate the meeting or event. No fees for use will be refunded in the event of termination.
- No-show or arriving late: If a reserved meeting room is not in use 30 minutes after the reservation start time or a study room is not in use 15 minutes after the reservations time, the Library will make the room available to other groups.
- No Smoking/flame: Smoking and open flames are not allowed in Library facilities without prior approval.
- No Weapons: Concealed weapons that are not legally licensed and open display of weapons are prohibited (Open Display of Weapons Policy and Colo. Rev. Stat. 18-12-105).
- Food and Alcoholic beverages:
- Public groups may not provide alcoholic beverages without prior approval.
- If cleaning is required, a $50 charge will be assessed.
- Cooking, warming or heating food in the room is prohibited.
- The Library does not provide supplies and equipment for serving beverages and snacks.
- Fire code: Groups must observe meeting room capacities.
- Special activities: The Library reserves the right to negotiate the use of its meeting rooms for special activities, including adjustment of fees, hours of operation, and promotions.
- No endorsement by Library: Use of Library meeting rooms does not constitute endorsement by the Library of the program or points of view expressed. No advertisement or announcement implying sponsorship, co-sponsorship, ownership, or endorsement by the Library may be used, including but not limited to print or broadcast promotions, signage, or funding activities. Events, classes and programs supported by Pikes Peak Library District will have the PPLD logo on promotional pieces and in advertising. All other activities held in PPLD meeting spaces are public events.
- Library event priority: Use of meeting rooms for Library purposes takes precedence over other reservations and uses. The Library reserves the right to transfer a group or organization to another area or to cancel a reservation if necessary. If the Library cancels a reservation, every effort will be made to provide as much advance notice as possible. A refund will be issued if a fee was remitted.
- Prior use: Prior use of meeting rooms does not entitle public groups to future use.
- Electronic equipment: The requested equipment in the room is configured for use.
- The Library does not guarantee the functioning of Library equipment.
- The Library does not provide technical support for the equipment brought in by public groups.
- Internet access: Wireless Internet is available throughout the Library, but its availability cannot be guaranteed by the Library.
- One directional signage of professional quality can be displayed.
- Materials may not be taped or tacked to walls or other surfaces.
- Reservation hours: All activities, including question/answer periods, conversation, tear down, and clean up, must be completed by the end of the reservation period. Groups not in compliance with this provision will no longer be allowed to reserve space in Library facilities.
- Changes or cancellations: Requests for changes or cancellation must be made at least 3 business days before the reservation time.
- Inclement weather: In case of inclement weather conditions, please check http://ppld.org/, or call (719) 531-6333 for closure announcements.
- Arts and crafts: Arts and crafts in a meeting room must be preapproved. Table coverings are required to be brought in by groups that use crayons, glue, markers and/or any other art materials in the room. A minimum $50 fee will be charged for any damage.
- Library property: The Library will assess a fee if Library equipment or property is damaged or if excessive cleaning is necessary after a meeting.
- Patron property: The Library is not responsible for the loss of and/or damage to equipment or materials owned by Library patrons. The Library cannot store supplies or equipment belonging to patrons.
Updated: February 2016
Community Group Meetings Disclaimer
Use of Library meeting rooms does not constitute endorsement by the Library of the program or points of view expressed. No advertisement or announcement implying sponsorship, co-sponsorship, or endorsement by the Library may be used, including but not limited to print or broadcast promotions, signage, or funding activities.