Fountain Library Meeting/Study Room Policy
Reservations can be made once per week, up to six months in advance, and up to 48 hours before the reservation time. If a reserved meeting room is not in use 30 minutes after the reservation start time, the Library will make the room available to other groups.
Room Capacity: 85
Hours: Available on a limited basis before and after hours in addition to the normal library hours.
Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
According to the after-hours use policy, an authorized representative of the group who is over 21 years of age must come to the Fountain Library two weeks in advance of using the meeting room to fill out the Application for After Hours Use of the Community Room. At that time, the representative will also need to arrange to come into the library and get the use code 48 hours in advance of using the meeting room.
Fountain Library After-Hours Community Room Use Policy
- All requirements as set forth in the PPLD Meeting Room Policy apply to after-hours use.
- The meeting room will be available during the following hours on days the District is open:
- Monday - Saturday: 8 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
- The meeting room will only be available for after-hours use once per day.
- Paperwork must be signed two weeks in advance by an authorized representative who is at least 21 years of age.
- Opening/closing and operations instructions must be picked up at the branch at least two days prior to the event. If opening/closing and operations instructions have not been picked up in advance, you will not have access to the room.
- No PPLD staff will be available during non-library hours.
- The user is responsible for setting up all furniture and equipment needed for the meeting and returning them to their original positions. Library property may not be removed from the facility. Library staff will not be expected to provide materials, supplies, or other items needed by groups using the meeting room. If the cleaning time required exceeds the normally allotted period, the applicant will be assessed a cleaning fee of $25 per hour. Any organization using the meeting room after library hours shall be responsible for ensuring that all lights, except designated security lights are turned off and the building is secure. Any organization not properly locking doors, extinguishing lights, or otherwise leaving the facility in proper order will not be allowed use of the facility for future after-hours events.
- No alcohol is allowed in the Community Room.
- The user shall assume all liability for personal and/or property damages arising from use of the facility, including injury or damage to the building, furniture, and equipment, and shall hold the District blameless in any accident that occurs during their use of the facility.
- The District assumes no responsibility for private property brought into the facility.
- Anyone using the library’s audiovisual equipment will be held responsible for damage. Groups using videocassettes or DVDs in the meeting rooms must secure all necessary performance rights or agrees to indemnify the District for any failure on their part to do so.
- If the group activates the security alarm, the user is responsible for payment of any fee assessed by the Fountain Police or Fire Departments.
If you have any questions, please contact Fountain Library.
The group utilizing the room is responsible for setting up the tables and chairs. Furnishings and equipment in the public area are not for use in the meeting room.
Provided at no charge if available.
- DVD Player
- VHS Player
- Overhead Projector
- Tables (15)
- Chairs (50)
- Lightweight tables (15)
- There is a non-refundable $50 fee for catered events or for having food other than dry snacks and covered beverages in a meeting room.
- Cooking, warming or heating food in the room is prohibited.
- The Library does not provide supplies and equipment for serving beverages and snacks.
- The group is responsible for tidying up the room after the meeting. If cleaning is required after the meeting, an additional $50 charge will be assessed.
- Preferred caterers
Room Usage Fee: None
Please Contact the Meeting Room Coordinator, or call (719) 884-9827.
Groups that fail to cancel a reservation three business days in advance or groups that do not show up on the reserved date can be denied future access to Library meeting rooms.
Room Capacity: 6
Hours: Same as library hours. Closes 15 minutes prior to library closing.
Room Usage Fee: None
Reservations can be made once per week, up to six months in advance, and up to 48 hours before the reservation time. A two hour maximum per group is allowed. If a reserved study room is not in use 15 minutes after the reservation start time, the Library will make the room available to other groups.