What's New - Non-PPLD Homeschool Events
Do you know of a community program for homeschoolers? Is your group holding an event that is open to all homeschoolers? Do you want to hear about upcoming opportunities for your family in the Colorado Springs area? If you answered “yes!” to any of these questions then this is the place for you! This blog is for homeschool programs, classes, etc. not sponsored by PPLD.
To have something posted contact Corrie at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will need all the necessary information two weeks in advance. Be sure to include: what it is, who can attend, when it is (date and time), where it is, and who to contact. If any pertinent information is missing it will not be posted.
What: Free and reduced price skiing
Where: 20 different ski resorts
When: All winter long
Who: Fifth graders ski free, sixth graders ski at a reduced price
For more information about signing your children up, visit http://passport.coloradoski.com/!
In addition to the free ski program, a number of resorts are participating in the School of Shred program. This program gives 5th and 6th graders free lift tickets at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Arapahoe Basin. In addition, first time skiers get free lessons and rentals! For more information, head to: http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/info/schoolofshred.aspx
What: Homeschool Days at the Denver Botanic Gardens
When: All are 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- History at Hildebrand Ranch (held at the Botanic Gardens) - Sept. 8, 2014
- Exhibition Exploration: Chlhuly - Oct. 20, 2014
- Plants that Changed the World - Nov. 17, 2014
- Mysteries of Mycology - Jan. 26, 2015
- Starting a Garden - Mar. 16, 2015
How Much: $11 per day, per child ($44 if you sign up for all 5)
Contact: Melissa Gula, Children's Garden Program Coord., 303-370-8040
How Do I?
- Reel History of the Pikes Peak Region
- Minding Your Business
- Lit Unlocked: Exploring the LIST Paradigm
- Shivers Concert Series Fall 2014
- APPR 2014 Author Visits
- What if we were limited to only 100 books?
- Big Library Read
- Call for Art
- All Pikes Peak Reads 2014: Engage the Extraordinary
- 2nd Sunday Concert Series