- Large jar (24 oz. spaghetti sauce jar or a large mason jar)
- Water - 2 1/2 cups water (or until it reaches 3/4 of the way up the jar)
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Sprinkle in as much salt as necessary but you'd need about 1/4 cup total
- Food coloring (optional)
- Pour water 3/4 to the top of a mason jar. Stir in optional food coloring.
- Pour oil into jar. Allow water and oil to separate.
- Sprinkle salt into jar. Watch the reaction occur and make observations.
Watch this project at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3qhs9SW-RA