Take and Makes for this project will be available starting this Friday, Sept. 18, 2020 at PPLD Libraries and are recommended for kids, ages 5-12.
- Paper or paper plate
- Markers or crayons
- Glue or glue dot or 2-sided tape
- Craft stick
- Use the provided paper or your own supplies to draw a shape to race around on your magnet track. You might choose a vehicle (car, truck, train, boat, etc.), an animal (cow, fish, turtle, dog, etc.), or something entirely different. It should be small enough to go on your paper plate (less than 2 inches).
- Attach a magnet to the back using double-sided tape or a glue dot.
- Use your own markers, crayons, or colored pencils to create a course on your race track.
- Use double-sided tape or a glue to to attach a magnet to the end of your craft stick. Before you glue, you need to make sure that the magnet on the car and the magnet on the stick attract rather than repel each other. If they repel each other, turn the magnet for the stick over before attaching.
- Test your track! Set your shape (vehicle, animal, or other) on your track. Use the magnet on the craft stick under the plate to move and race the car.
Find the tutorial video at https://ppld.librarymarket.com/virtual-kidsmake-magnetic-race-tracks