The Take and Make for this project will be available at area PPLD Libraries starting Fri., Oct. 16, 2020.
- 1 plastic straw
- 2 twist ties (or bread ties) or two paper clips
- 1 clothespin
- 4 same size buttons
- Cut 2 straw pieces that are each about 1 inch long.
- Slide a twist tie through each straw.
- Use the bread tie to secure a button at each end of the straw by looping the tie back through the button hole.
- Clip one axle to the clothespin.
- Slide the second axle into the back of the clothespin as close to the spring as possible.
- Use a rubber band to secure it in place.
- Begin racing!
Find the tutorial video at: https://ppld.librarymarket.com/virtual-stem-clothespin-racers