PPLD offers FREE wireless at all of our locations.
Wireless printing is available at Library 21c. This service enables you to print virtually any document or web page from your Internet connected PC or device to our printer. There is no additional software required. Print jobs stay in the queue for up to 24 hours.
Please use the Library's Internet connection to configure personal laptops. You will also need:
- A wireless network interface card, 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- A charged battery. Specially designated electrical outlets are available for patron use as well.
- Compatible headphones if you plan to use sound.
PPLD cannot provide assistance for personal laptops, interface cards, or configurations. PPLD also cannot accept the liability of handling personal equipment.
For basic instructions on how to connect to the wireless at PPLD via a personal laptop, click on the link that best suits your machine:
If you need further assistance, try the following:
- Change the laptop IP address. You may need to configure your wireless card to connect to the proper SSID. The SSID for the PPLD network is PPLDW.
- Open your web browser. Accept the security certificate and/or wifi policy that the Library's system sends. The Library's home page will come up and you are ready to use our wireless system.